BENEFITS OF QUINOA
Dated back to Inca times, Quinoa (pronounced keen-wah) is a bead shaped crop with a nutty flavour and a slightly crunchy texture. It has been recognised as a supercrop for its numerous health benefits.
- Complete protein (unlike rice or wheat) which contains all eight amino acids.
- Gluten free and easily digestible
- Contains bioactive substances ‘Quercetin’ and ‘Kaempferol’ which are antioxidants that have been shown to reduce inflammation in the body, and have anti viral and anti cancerous properties.
- In relation to other grains, Quinoa is high in fiber.
- Low G.I score (53) which helps to keep blood sugar levels steady
- High in Magnesium